Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Conservation

As an avid outdoorsman I believe that conserving our natural resources and taking care of mother nature is important. I follow the rules of LNT and try to minimize my impact whenever I am in the backcountry. However, I am not a die hard green peace hippie and I feel that there does need to be a balance. Recently a news story came out about how the Fed's were thinking about turning two more area in Utah into national monuments. While this would do great things for conservation of these beautiful area's, one of which I have featured in my blog, I feel it is not the federal governments job nor right to do so.

I think that the people of Utah should be allowed to vote on this issue. After all we are the one's who will be affected. I think that the state should be allowed to decide exactly where the boundaries would be and what limitations they will allow the federal government to put on the area that becomes the national monument.

On that note, I want to go skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment