Saturday, August 6, 2011

My dilemma

Well I went climbing today with a friend and took Ares with me. While climbing I realized I have a small dilemma, I really want to start photographing climbing. I have ideas in my head for so many awesome shots but I never have the chance to take them. Obviously I could go out and take pictures of random climbers climbing, but the problem with that is that is time I could spend climbing myself. I think the only solution is to start climbing in groups of three or maybe four. That way when I'm not belaying or climbing I could be taking pictures.

Of course part of the problem with that is most of the people I go with I am bringing all the gear, which doesn't leave me with my own gear to rig me up to take pictures from different angles. I could just take all of my photos from the ground or from places where I can hike up, but that's kind of lame. I'll figure something out, one of my friends just bought some gear and another is about to so maybe I will start having the chance to take more photos, if only I can get more friends to go out climbing at the same time.

On a side note Ares was stoked to use his new camelbak (water backpack as he calls it). He thought it was very cool and had a lot of fun hanging out with us. He was very good and waited somewhat patiently for the sucker my friend Phil promised him if he was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment