Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rock Climbing AF Canyon 2JUL2011

So the day after we went up Rock Canyon I decided I wanted to try out American Fork Canyon. I've never climbed up there before so I got on Mountain Project and looked up some routes. We headed up and bushwacked up this scree slope until I was finally willing to admit we weren't in the right place. We hiked back down and looked around for some other climbing.

I finally figured out the correct way to get where I was trying to go, but then I realized I didn't bring a lunch and neither did anyone else. We decided to run into town and grab a sub and then head back up. We hiked up the correct approach and found the climb we were looking for. I lead it, I believe it is only a 5.6 after which Monica and Matt both sent the route on top rope. It was fun, really easy, and a good route for me to practice leading on.




Getting ready to go up



Yes a bolt to clip into



Almost to the top, that's Monica on belay



Setting up the top rope



Getting ready to belay, Monica is getting ready to go up

No comments:

Post a Comment